Sunday, November 29, 2009

What's My Motivation?

Lately, for some reason, I haven't been feeling very motivated. I've lost weight before, and I'm remembering how hard it is. Maybe it's just the holiday season, but it's hard for me to keep it up. I saw another picture of myself when I weighed less, and that kinda motivated me a little bit more. The thing is, as human beings, we want the results without the work. Let's say you're on the plane to Hawaii. If you've ever made that flight, you always think, "I wish I could just teleport and not have to take this 5 hour plane ride!" Am I right? We just want to jump to the destination. But it's the journey that makes us grow. If I just jumped to my my goal of 210lbs 12%BF, when I get there, how will I maintain it? This journey I'm on is teaching me discipline, self encouragement, and motivation. I KNOW I can hit my goal by April, I KNOW it's going to be extremely tough, and I KNOW I will be a better person because of it. It's just these short little motivational dry spells that make it toughest. I'll jump back up soon... I always do. My goal today is to have a different attitude and keep truckin. Only 50lbs to go. Easy money!

1 comment:

  1. Keep on truckin' Justin! This IS hard work, but I know (hope) you are seeing results...let the little victories motivate you! You're not in it alone...I'm struggling right there with you...so give a sista a shout out when you need some encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete