Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 3 - Determination

So I had my very first training session with our Cooking Me Skinny's Head Trainer Chris Groves! That was pretty exciting. When I got there, he took a lot of measurements and figured out my body fat. Needless to say, I was floored at my body fat percentage... 29% HOLY CRAP #1! I have a lot more work cut out for me than I thought. My goal is to get down to 12% BF by April. It's going to be a hard goal to hit, but Chris is confident that I can do it. I'm confident too. I can do this! It's not going to be easy, but when you want it, you'll do what it takes to get there.

HOLY CRAP #2... I'm freaking sore! It was only about 15 min after my light workout and my abs feel like they are not going to want me to ever use them again. I was talking to Chris about the CMS (Cooking Me Skinny) program and all the work we had to do, and I was trying to keep a face that looked like there was no pain behind it. When in reality, I felt like my legs were going to give out from underneath me as if they were made of jello (and we didn't even do a full leg workout). All in all though, It hurt so good!

Right after I was done with my session, my wife called me and wanted to go out to lunch. So I made her go to Subway with me. I had whole wheat bread, turkey, spinach, tomatoes, pickles, olives and mustard... no cheese. I told her I was going to put a little light mayo on it, but then she gave me that look that says... "are you sure about that?" So of course, like a good husband, I listened. No mayo for me. That is a hard one. As Season 2 Top Chef finalist Sam Talbot said, "If I could have an IV running mayonnaise through my veins, I probably would." What can I say, I love mayo. But with 90cal and 10g of fat per .5 oz serving... not gonna happen. All in all, I'm glad I made a good decision... with the help of my wife :)

One of our staff members, Coreena, is also doing a blog on her journey, and I now feel a little competitiveness going on within me. Who's going to hit their short term goals first, who's going to cheat first, and who is going to smash this weight with a ton of bricks? A little friendly competition and wagering might be in order. What do you say Coreena? You in?

By the way... here is what I used to look like after I had lost 50lbs for a show. In the picture with me is my girlfriend... and now loving wife.


Watch my first Video Blog on You Tube
Check us out on Facebook and become a fan

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's on Justin. IT'S ON. :)

    p.s. How exciting is all of this? It's going to be a blast...and a little friendly competition doesn't hurt either. :D

    ReplyDelete